Sunday, June 2, 2013

5 Days Away and Her First Ear Infection(s)

I spent 5 days away from my little girl over Memorial Day Weekend.  It was the longest I have been away from her and to complicate things Tuna was out of town.  Luckily we had family step-up and she stayed with them.  Preparing to leave for Knoxville, TN for DI Globals was no easy feat.  Making substitute plans for three days for my very "spirited" classes took a week and figuring out how to get Abbie from my mom's to Billy and Joyce's took a bit of coordinating.  And then, as things go, Abbie developed a double ear infection!  Of course she did...!

It started Monday with a call from daycare about her gunky eyes.  Interestingly they were only gunky at school.  Anyways...I get her to the doctor on Tuesday and low and behold...double ear infections.  Then the medicine they give could cause a massive break-out and the ear infection could get worse before it gets better.  No sweat...

Luckily, our family was happy to take care of her even with the ear infections and did and awesome job!  We appreciate them so much!  I missed her so much, but luckily I was super-busy in Knoxville.  But I was very happy to see her when I got back!

Abbie with her cousins Madison and Justin

A silly picture Joyce took and one of my DI-ers made this from the original!

Tuna will be back on Thursday or Friday and we are SO ready!  This weekend my dad and Guilford took Abbie and in and we went to dinner at a place called The Last Concert Cafe.  It is near downtown and is some of the best Mexican food I have ever eaten (thanks Uncle Phil for the rec).  We have given Abbie limes before, but this is the first time we caught it n camera (sorry Abs...I love you).

Abbie LOVING limes...

Grandpa, Abbie and me!

One more week of school stuff and then it is off for the summer!  Yippee!  I can't wait!  No big plans...just time with my little girl!






No comments:

Post a Comment